Outreach Support Navigator
£25,969 per annum
- 37 hours per week (must be prepared to work flexibly to suit the needs of the job - may include, evenings, weekends and bank holidays)
Salary: £25,969 per annum
Hours: 37 hours per week (with some flexibility required to suit the needs of the role may include evenings, weekends and bank holidays
Located: Chichester with travel to local districts
Contract: Temporary Contract to the end of March 2025 with possible extension
Are you looking to improve the lives of homeless people in our community and to develop, and work within a dynamic team? We are looking for individuals to join our Community Outreach Services Team for Stonepillow as a Support Navigator. We need someone who is inspiring and passionate about homeless people’s rights and building them a positive future.
Stonepillow support and empower homeless and at-risk people to achieve sustainable independence and wellbeing. We want to engage the successful candidate into how we work in a trauma-informed approach and with kindness.
Reporting to the Community Outreach Services Manager, the Support Navigator will be responsible for engaging with individuals as part of a wider multidisciplinary team. The SN will support people through their journeys from rough sleeping to accommodation and wider support services. The post holder will be expected to navigate local service provision, building strong relationships with a range of different professionals whilst advocating on the individual’s behalf.
Example of your duties would include:
- Identify barriers (i.e. in eligibility criteria or approach) which require high-level operational strategic change focusing on evictions and discharges to the streets, ensuring that these barriers are reported, understood, and addressed.
- Ensure that this project informs improvements to / redesigning of service pathway approaches by recommending changes in the delivery of local services
- Work with partner agencies to identify up to 15 individuals with multiple needs.
- To work with these individuals and their support networks to create personalised service responses, with the long-term aim to secure sustainable accommodation
- Attend monthly Operational Groups and other relevant groups to discuss clients’ needs and situations, to enable swift access to appropriate services and ensure that barriers are addressed so that service users can access suitable services.
- To work positively and collaboratively with voluntary and statutory sector organisations to develop a personalised case management approach for homeless excluded individuals with complex needs.
- To support clients in a range of tenures, offering intensive wrap around support for those living in private rented or social housing
In order to be successful in this role you will need:
- The ability to forge effective working relationships to navigate and to create effective pathways to support for clients with complex needs acting as a change broker
- Ability to work independently and prioritise workload effectively.
- Good computer literacy skills and ability to make effective use of computer systems
- Experience of delivering support to vulnerable people
- An understanding of welfare benefits, housing and homelessness law and policy.
- An understanding of alcohol, drugs and issues around addiction and relapse management
- Understanding of mental health, personality disorders and dual diagnosis, Housing and Homelessness legislation
The benefits of working at Stonepillow:
- Actively supporting those in need in your local community
- Healthcare and wellbeing support including access to in-app virtual appointments with NHS registered GPs and access to a comprehensive Employee Assistance programme with face-to-face counselling
- A medical cashback scheme and retail discounts
- Stakeholder pension, employer contribution of 5%
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
A bit about us:
Stonepillow support and empower homeless and vulnerable people with compassion and commitment to achieve sustainable independence and wellbeing and make positive changes in their lives.
Stonepillow is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.